Auxiliary Programs Manager and Camp Co-Director — Bethesda, Maryland
Description & Details
Founded in 1952, Norwood School is a coeducational, independent day school with approximately 450 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. The School sits on 38 beautiful and expansive acres in Bethesda, Maryland, less than six miles from Washington, D.C. As one of the finest PK-8 schools in the country, Norwood sets the bar high and is committed to educating the whole child in a diverse, student-centered, challenging, and nurturing environment, which continually promotes equity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
Norwood’s child-centered education and its very intentional emphasis on being a happy place of learning create an environment where each individual child is loved, nurtured, challenged, and truly known. As a result, children flourish at Norwood. They love learning; they are creative and critical thinkers. They are confident in who they are, and they feel safe taking risks. They are kind and caring people, who, fueled by our motto, How you lead your life matters, make helping others a priority in their lives. At the end of their eighth grade year, our graduates leave Norwood exceptionally well prepared for high school and empowered to make positive contributions to our world.
Norwood has an opening for an experienced Auxiliary Programs Manager and Camp Co-Director beginning immediately. The ideal candidate will have summer camp and/or independent school experience, along with other relevant management experience. This person will be highly motivated, well organized, and able to prioritize in order to meet deadlines, as well as multi-task on a regular basis. The successful applicant will be able to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, be a team player, demonstrate an ability to take initiative, have experience working with budgets and financial tracking, and work both independently and collaboratively. In addition, the candidate will have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to learn new programs and registration systems.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to serve as the point of contact for the Auxiliary Programs Office, manage and coordinate Norwood’s after school Enrichment Program, and manage Summer at Norwood’s Day Camp Program.
Auxiliary Programs Manager:
- Serve as point of contact for inquiries into all Auxiliary Programs
- Assist in maintaining Auxiliary Program files and databases
- Provide high quality customer service to Norwood and Summer at Norwood families
- Reconcile monthly office credit card log
- Assist with organizing and maintaining the Camp and After Care Office
- Serve as point of contact during After Care program as needed
- These duties fall over the full calendar year
Enrichment Program Coordinator:
- Create seasonal enrichment schedule for grades PK-8, consisting of 8-12 play-based learning classes running for 60-90 minutes right after school
- Recruit vendors and instructors for enrichment classes
- Manage enrichment vendors and instructors, including scheduling, payment, and oversight of instructors while on campus
- Train enrichment vendors and instructors, including daily procedures and emergency preparedness
- Coordinate locations for after-school enrichment classes
- Create and maintain seasonal enrichment registration within online registration database
- Create promotional materials and actively promote enrichment program to school families
- Work closely with the Director of After School Programs
- These duties fall over the full calendar year
Summer at Norwood Day Camp Program Director:
- Manage Day Camp teachers and counselors
- Recruit, interview, and assist in hiring camp teachers and counselors
- Work with the Director of Auxiliary and Summer Programs to create Day Camp classes and class schedule
- Work with director of Auxiliary and Summer Programs to configure online registration database
- Manage Summer at Norwood registrations in online registration database
- Assist in Summer at Norwood website maintenance
- Assist in Summer at Norwood marketing campaigns
- Maintain Summer at Norwood social media accounts and campaigns
- Order and manage camp supplies
- These duties are concentrated in summer, while working closely with five other Summer at Norwood directors
Facility Rental Coordinator:
- Coordinate seasonal rental application process
- Work with renters to create a seasonal facility use schedule for Norwood’s gyms, athletic fields, and classrooms
- Create facility use contracts and process payments
- Coordinate ongoing classroom rentals with partner weekend schools
- Work closely with Director of Security to coordinate security during facility rentals
- Communicate with facility renters as needed to ensure a successful rental experience
The Auxiliary Programs Manager and Camp Co-Director is a full-time, year-round, professional staff, benefits eligible position.
Norwood School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.